The 9th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM 2019) will be held in Valencia, Spain, on 15th-19th July 2019. The Congress will take place at the ‘Campus de Blasco Ibáñez’ of the Universitat de València.
As in previous editions of this series of congresses, ICIAM 2019 will serve as a showcase for the most recent advances in industrial and applied mathematics, covering interdisciplinary topics relating mathematics and other disciplines and demonstrating the applicability of this discipline to science, engineering and industry. ICIAM 2019 is, again, a great opportunity for young researchers and graduate students to discover the vast potential of applied mathematics and get in touch with its most recent trends and topics.
SeMA and the Organizing Committee of ICIAM 2019 are indebted to the members of the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) for their very valuable advice in the early stages of the preparation of this congress.
Key features of the Congress include:
- Invited Speakers.
- Olga Taussky-Todd Lecture.
- Thematic minisymposia covering the spectrum of applied and industrial mathematics. Specific organizing committees will be in charge of promoting and supporting the organization of these minisymposia.
- Contributed minisymposia covering the wide interests of the community of applied mathematicians.
- Industrial mathematics emphasizing the relevance of the mathematical problems arising in industry. Special care will be taken to include minisymposia organized by representatives of the industry, or focusing on the application of mathematics to problems arising from industry, finance and the social sciences.
- Poster sessions consisting of research posters presented by students, academics and industry.
- Pre-congress workshops for developing countries. Applied mathematics are experiencing an important development in countries of Maghreb, Sub-Sahara, South and Central America, and Southern Asian areas. Specific satellite and pre-congress workshops will be organized to strengthen the connection with applied mathematics in these countries.
- Embedded and Satellite meetings. The SIAM and SeMA Annual Meetings will be held concurrently with the Congress. The call for satellite meetings remains open until October 2018.
- Sub-venues. Four Spanish cities will act as sub-venues of ICIAM 2019. At least two satellite meetings on industrial and applied mathematics will be organized in each of them.
- Public outreach sessions. Intended to transmit to the general public the interest of the applications of mathematics, several activities will be organized such as public lectures, interactive displays, special activities and press activities.
- Exhibits. Exhibitors will be housed in a central area to maximize exposure.
Click here to sign up for ICIAM 2019 announcements and e-alerts!We look forward to welcoming you to Valencia in 2019!